Hunting, scouting & fishing in the backcountry is becoming more & more popular. One of the biggest issues with doing any outdoor activities in the backcountry is the ability to have light weight & pack-able food that provides the proper nutrition for these activities is a huge hurdle.
2-time NCAA National Rowing Champion, Heather Kelly, visits with Jay on Episode #168 of the Jay Scott Outdoors Western Hunting & Fishing Podcast to discuss this hurdle. Heather is an evolutionary sports nutritionist & owner of Heather’s Choice. Heather discusses her journey from athlete to business owner & opens up about the in’s & out’s of nutrition for success in the backcountry.
Listen as Heather & Jay discuss these nutrition topics on Episode #168:
- Freeze dried vs dehydrated food
- What’s a Paleo diet?
- What are the best selling backcountry meals at HeathersChoice.com
- What foods you should try to stay away from
- Dehydration tips for beginners
- What type of dehydrators you should use
- What are the best sources of protein
Listen on iTunes to Episode #168 Meals for Adventuring and Backcountry with Heather Kelly