Elk calling is an art form & can be a deadly tactic while hunting elk. Knowing how-to-elk call like some of the most successful elk hunters & callers in the world can greatly increase your odds in the elk woods. From getting a big old bull to approach your calls, to just getting him to answer, can be the difference in wrapping your tag around a trophy bull elk of a lifetime.
Jason Phelps of Phelps Game Calls joins Jay Scott in an amazing 4 part series to discuss how Jason builds elk calls, elk sounds & elk calling tips.
Listen to these elk calling tips & topics:
- Diaphragm elk call vs open reed
- Elk chuckle vs grunt
- What’s a bull elk lip-ball sound
- How to keep an open reed from sticking up
- Roosevelt bull elk calls vs Rocky Mountain bull elk calls
- What is a locator cow elk mew
- Single reed vs Double reed
- How to store your elk calls
- How long to elk calls last
- Bugling vs Cow Calling to call bulls
- Different elk calling strategies
If you are going elk hunting in the future, you want to listen to these episodes!